SAFE CREDIT UNION PRIVACY NOTICE AND POLICY
Information We Collect About You
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on a application or other forms; this may be obtained from your current or past employers , or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, as permitted by law.
Parties Who Receive Information From Us
- Financial service providers, such as insurance companies.
- Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, data processors, check /share draft printers, plastic card processors, and government agencies.
Disclosure of Information to Parties That Provide Services to Us
In order for us to conduct the business of the credit union, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements so that we may provide members competitive products and services. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union and follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
To protect our members' privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the information we provide to other third parties.
Disclosure of Information about Former Members
If you terminate your membership with SAFE Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, or procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
What Members Can Do to Help
SAFE Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) or passwords. Never keep your PIN with your card, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.
COMPLAINT NOTIFICATION: This Credit Union is incorporated under the laws of the State of Texas and under state law is subject to regulatory oversight by the Texas Credit Union Department. Any member wishing to file a complaint against the Credit Union should contact the Texas Credit Union Department through one of the means indicated below: In person or by U.S. Mail: 914 East Anderson Lane, Austin, Texas 78752-1699, Telephone Number: (512) 837-9236, Fax Number: (512) 832-0278, E-mail: email@example.com, Website: www.tcud.state.tx.us.
If after reading this notice you have questions, please contact us at Phone# (409) 899-2542, Fax # (409) 892-2225 or write to: Member Service Representative, SAFE Credit Union, 2002 N 11th Street, Beaumont, TX 77703